How to Get the Smell Out of a Backpack
Do you have a bad smell coming from your backpack? If yes, then you need to know how to get rid of that smell. This is one of the most common problems that people face while carrying a backpack. In this blog, we will tell you how to get the smell out of a backpack.
It can be an embarrassing problem that makes you feel bad about yourself. But don’t worry; you can easily solve this problem. There are many ways to remove this smell, but here we describe a simple and cheap way to do it.
Before starting with the procedure it is important to know why the backpack smells bad.
Also Read: 13 Best Tool Backpacks for Mechanic
Why does the backpack smell bad?
To be honest there is no perfect reason for a backpack smell but it can happen because of body sweat, food, clothes, shoes, and smoking sometimes.
The reason why the backpack smells bad is because of the sweat and other materials that you have kept inside.
Sweat is the main cause of the bad smell. It is very normal for us to sweat when we are carrying heavy things. But if you carry your backpack for a long time, then you will start sweating more.
Sweat and other materials that you carry inside your backpack will mix with each other and form a sticky and smelly liquid. This liquid will eventually become a solid and stick to the lining of your backpack.
How to Get the Smell Out of a Backpack?
The first thing that you should do is remove the contents of your backpack. If you haven’t removed the contents yet, you need to do it immediately. Don’t keep the contents in your backpack for a long time.
If you keep them for a long time, you will not only have a bad smell but also bacteria and mold will grow. You should remove all the contents of your backpack and put them in a trash can.
If you want to keep your backpack clean, you need to wash it regularly. You can clean it using a damp cloth or sponge.
You can also use an air freshener spray. But you need to be careful when using it. Make sure that the air freshener spray doesn’t contain any strong chemicals.
You should also wash your backpack with soap and water. This will help to prevent any bacteria from growing on your backpack.
If you want to remove the smell then use this solution and let it dry for at least 10-15 minutes.
Also Read: 7 Best Waterproof Backpacks for College
How to Remove Backpack Smell?
• 2 tablespoons of white vinegar.
• 1/4 cup of baking soda.
• 1 tablespoon of dish soap.
• Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and pour it into your backpack.
• Let it dry for at least 15 minutes and then wash it.
• You can also use this method to clean any other items that have a strong smell.
Can You Put a Backpack in the Washer?
It’s a common question, Can I put my backpack in the washer? And the answer is, yes, you can. You can wash it in the washing machine.
Here are some tips for washing your backpack in the washing machine:
1. Make sure the backpack is clean and free of any lint.
2. Put the backpack into the washing machine.
3. Run the cycle in the shortest time possible.
4. Wash your backpack in cold water.
Disadvantages of putting backpack in the washer
There are some disadvantages to washing your backpack in the washing machine. Some of them are listed below:
1. The backpack may get damaged if it gets wet.
2. It may not dry properly in the washing machine.
3. You may not get the right smell back.
4. If you put your backpack in the washing machine, you will not only remove the smell but also the color will change.
5. The backpack will become grayish and will lose its shine.
6. You should not put your backpack in the dryer because it will damage the material.
How to Wash a Backpack By Hand
Washing a backpack by hand is not as easy as it seems. It’s actually quite a complicated process. Here are some tips for washing your backpack by hand:
1. First, you need to remove all the straps and pockets.
2. Wash your backpack with warm water and mild detergent.
3. Use a soft cloth to wipe off the dirt and stains.
4. Wash the backpack with a sponge.
5. Rinse it well.
6. Dry it with a clean towel.
It is very important to know what kind of smell you want to get rid of. You can also use a spray that is specifically designed for backpacks.
If you have a backpack and you don’t like the smell, you can buy some perfume or cologne that will help you to get rid of the smell.
Remember, the key to getting rid of the smell is to make sure that you clean it properly.
The best way to clean a backpack is to put it in a bag and wash it with water. You should also make sure that you dry it properly.
If you have a lot of stuff in your backpack, you can use some air freshener to make it more pleasant to smell.
You should keep your old backpacks. Give them a new look, or donate them to a good cause.
Is it safe to use baking soda?
Yes, it is safe.
What are the best ways to get the smell out of a backpack?
The best way to get the smell out of a backpack is to use dryer sheets.
Do I need to wash my backpack first?
No, you don’t have to wash your backpack before using the product.
What happens if I don’t clean my backpack?
If you don’t clean your backpack, it will stink.
How can I stop my backpack from smelling?
You can use an air freshener to stop your backpack from smelling.